Monday, January 08, 2007

PLAY

Ali Edwards posted a great challenge for 2007. The Challenegee is to find a word to be your word of the year. I have stolen her word from last year. My word is PLAY. This is something that I have been working with in my classroom as well as in my life. We have had serveral tragedies latly, the murder of a student, the death of a school liason and now the severe illness of a fellow teacher. Through all this, one thing that helps to keep us going is laughter and play. Through Play comes laughter, through laughter comes healing. I will scrap this word and put it up in my classroom so that I can look at it everyday, even when the grade 9's are getting to me or the marking load seems to much I can remember to PLAY : with Jon, with my cats, with my friends, life was so simple when all we had to do is call a friend and say "wanna come over and PLAY?"

No comments: